Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Just Praise
“For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the womb, your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.”
I am sitting here staring at my precious little girl as she sleeps right up against my side (she fell asleep on the bed after a feeding) and I am just totally overwhelmed by God's mercy, goodness and the incredible blessing that is Sophia Louise. When I think that the creator of the universe, creator of heaven and earth- formed my little girl perfectly in my womb I am in such awe. What is even more amazing is that as much as Andrew and I love, adore, and cherish Sophia, that same creator loves her so much that He sent His son to die for me, and her. Even as a new mom I can not even begin to fathom sacrificing my only daughter.
Tonight I am just brought to tears by how blessed Andrew and I are to have such an awesome savior who has given us this beautiful baby and the job of raising her to know and love Him.
XOXOX :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We were so happy to hear from La Familia Sobaje of your sweet Sophia Louise! What a beautiful blessing the Lord has indeed given you, Abby and Andrew! Abundant blessings to all of you - Gwen and Glenn

Kim Archer said...

Isn't it amazing! I am very often brought to tears at the exact same thoughts. (almost every week!) With every new discovery or accomplishment in their little lives its just amazing to see God's creative work in them, and how blessed we are to have such healthy babies! :) xxxoo

joey said...

best baby ever!!! best mommy ever!!! im so happy - it's ridiculous!