Monday, May 05, 2008

Spring Retreat
This past weekend was our Sunday school class spring retreat. There were 18 couples and 5 kids ranging from 3 years old to 7 1/2 months (Soph). We all drove down to Myrtle Beach and stayed in three different houses. We had wonderful teaching and worship as well as a great time hanging out together at the beach or playing games. I think Andrew and I are constantly amazed that we have been blessed with another great church family after leaving such an amazing group back at Grace.
Sophia helping me pack.
She was such a trooper this weekend, she was so happy and excited. She never had a meltdown or had any trouble living with 5 other couples and two other kids.

Ready to stroll over to the beach.

Hanging out, playing and eating whatever she can get her hands on. I am pretty sure only three hand fulls of sand actually made it into her mouth :)

Ready for a nap.

First time in the pool!

Too cold!!

Way too cold!!

Friends....Anna, Rachael and Sophia. Anna is almost 2 months older than Sophia and Rachael is three. Smiley little girl :)

5 comments:

Jenny M. said...

I can't wait for the pool! Did she like it? Random, but what brand is that stroller? Do you like it? I'm shopping for one!

Glad you had a fun weekend!!

Unknown said...

That girl always has her mouth open doesn't she? :)

Unknown said...

I love the suitcase picture....we have one like that...it's a classic for sure!

Jenny M. said...

ummmm...i'm aging waiting for the next post!!!! a week is way too long.

how was mama's day? happy 1st! i wish we could coordinate a same time LA trip and hang.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

Thanks for the congrats! :) And Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!! She is so beautiful! How is the house coming along?