Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Greater Joy.
{in my humble opinion}
This is a small part of a day in my life. We go to the park. The three of us, I pack up our snacks and water bottle in the double stroller. I put on my not so glamorous running shoes, and pull my not so stylish (and graying) hair into a pony tail, and we walk to the park. On the way there Olivia chews on whatever toy I handed her and tries to peek out from under her sun hat. Sophia and I talk about the beautiful sky and who created all of it, and why He created it and why we should be so so thankful for Him. We name the color of plants and houses. We sing songs...{only after I have regained my breath from pushing a double stroller up hill}.
When we get to the park we play and snack and snack and play. We really do have so much fun. And sometimes I look up at the sky and think about how in world I (an L.A. born and raised city girl), ended up in North Carolina. And I think about how the Lord knew from the creation of the earth all about me, and that this is exactly where I would be, right at that very moment. And I think about my sweet girls and how we moved from Los Angeles (so far from so many that I love and miss) so that I could be able to live this exact life. The life where I get to spend every day teaching, and training my sweet sweet girls.
Then I snap back into reality when I hear Sophia call me, or Olivia squeal...and I run off to tend to them and all that they need. They are not perfect girls, I am not a perfect mom...but it is a perfect life...for me...and I am so so thankful. And I pray that I will always remember to be.
love and kisses....xoxoxo

3 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Really could they be more beautiful? I love your pics so much!!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

beautiful post!!!! love it, keep em coming :) and thanks for reminding me to update mine! hahahha

chadandrebecca said...

Thank you for sharing this Abby! Loved the sweet pictures and the beautiful sentiment :)