Here is Sophia and I waiting for the tow truck :) Yep...it was kinda one of those afternoons. I had an hour before Sophia needed her next meal, and I thought we would quickly drop by Linen's and Things to look for some new bath rugs. When we came out my car was dead. Now it's 97 degrees outside, Sophia needs to eat in about 15 min (for an added bonus she is teething and not so thrilled). Anyway I call triple A and they say it will be about 80 minutes. I will admit that Phil 4: 4 was not what popped into my head. I was annoyed, hot and cranky.
The point is, I thought about what kind of example I was setting for Sophia. Granted I don't think she fully understands what is going on. But what if she does? She can tell when I am frustrated. What example am I setting for her if I am complaining and cranky. So I started to think of things I was thankful for and listed them off to Sophia while we were standing waiting for the tow truck.
1. I am thankful for the air conditioning inside the store.
2. I am thankful for cold bottles of water.
3. I am thankful that we have triple A.
4. I am thankful that my phone had a camera so I could take this picture of Sophia and I.
5. I am thankful that I have my sweet little girl to keep me company.
6. I am thankful that we have a car.
7. I am thankful that even though my afternoon is not going the way I want, it does not change the fact that God is seated on His thrown sovereign over all circumstances!
And when all was said and done, our car was fixed and we headed home for a lovely (slightly delayed) meal .
4 comments:
oh man! I would do that all the time if I didn't have keyless entry..glad you made it home safely and that you had your little partner with ya! she is too cute.
LOVE your house, I can't wait to see the upstairs!!
such a cute picture.. and the house looks awesome! can't wait to come see it!
I love Sophia's little teeth! Too cute!
We get to see some of the family this weekend (your parents, andy and al, and ronnie, melissa and addison). We're so excited!
Such a good momma - you are a good example for me : )
Post a Comment