Wednesday, May 06, 2009

MOPS Produce Co-op!
She is like the merchant ships,
bringing food from afar.
She gets up while it is still dark
and provides food for her family
Proverbs 31:14-15
Today was the first day of our new MOPS Produce co-op!!! I am so excited about it! A group of women from our MOPS group take turns every 8 weeks getting up at 5:30 am and heading to the farmers market to purchace food for the rest of the group. We then pick up our food at a designated home and have tons of great produce for a FRACTION of the price of grocery stores!!! I can not tell you what a blessing this has been already! Sophia eats like there is no tomorrow and the cost of berries and veggies was huge every month.
Can you guess how much my bill was for the produce above....here is what is included
1 box of strawberries
7 yellow onions
6 zuchinni
6  avacados
8 ears of corn
12 huge red potatoes
a TON of greenbeans
Any guesses???  Well the total was $14.03!!!! Can you believe it!!! I am so so so so excited about our savings and all the yummy things to eat!!
love and kisses!

3 comments:

Andrew Bains said...

Sweet Baby! Can't wait to eat some guacamole! XOXO

Jenny M. said...

That is so cool! I'm counting the days for our produce stands to open...can't beat locally grown prices and freshness!

Kim Archer said...

wow thats so cheap! so cool! :)