Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"Mommy Brain"
I am not really sure if this is something I should be admitting- let alone publishing it for all to read. But this is what happened to me today. (it's kind of long)
Sophia and I love our walks, and I think that she is big enough to sit facing forward in the stroller (instead of in the car seat attachment). Anyway I thought it would be a great day to drive into Raleigh and go to the Farmers Market (most incredible veggies ever!!). So I load up Sophie and off we went...First I get a tad lost on the way there, but still make it to the Market in one piece. I am talking to Soph the whole way telling her about all the great veggies and things we are going to see, and how she will love facing forward and exploring the world. Well needless to say I pull into the Market and there are only two vendors and the entire place is vacant. Hmmm...guess the outdoor market is not a huge draw in 45 degree weather.
So we drive home, eat lunch, take our nap and I decide to start out again...I am determined to put Sophia in the stroller today!! So I take her outside to get the stroller out of the trunk.
I load Soph in, fasten her up- she starts screaming (this is not how I pictured it) I decide maybe today is not the day. And start to go inside- Sophie stops screaming and seems to be OK with the new forward facing stroller...anyway all this build up to say....I LOCKED MY HOUSE KEYS IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR!!! Yeah....and I did not have my cell phone (in the house) and the spare key was gone! You read that correctly I could not find the stupid key. So now I am locked out with a baby, no phone, no keys, no diapers, bottle etc.
So I push the stroller a couple streets over to my friend Tammy's house- thinking the entire time that Andrew is not going to be thrilled about having to drive home to let me in. Anyway I use Tammy's phone and call Andrew- inform him of my newest "boo-boo" and explain that I am so so sorry- but I have NO idea what happened to the spare key. He explains to me that he locked himself out of the house this morning and left the key on the kitchen counter!! Ha ha...what are the chances!!!
Tammy says this is one of those day's where you know you are a Mom :) On the plus side I did get some cute pictures of Sophia while driving to the Farmers Market and while walking to Tammy's :)
Trying to get the shot. All smiles on our walk
(facing forward :) Happy girl! Are you looking at me?

4 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Poor things! Not like getting locked out in the warm LA sunshine is it??

Last year I got stuck in someone's snowy driveway in my neighborhood and had to ask them to back me out cuz I was too afraid of sliding!!

Gotta love the patient neighbors and friends of the new moms/LA girls! I just love your blog Abby!

Unknown said...

I've had the fear of doing exactly what you did for a long time... Every time I open the trunk and then fiddle with Kylen for some reason I just know that I will have locked myself out somehow.

So you never got to face her forward?

Kim Archer said...

ha ha! that beats the time that i BROKE your key in your trunk when we were in the middle of nowhere on a retreat! clint and i did that once, and we used a pair of crutches through the security gate to fetch the keys from the counter in our kitchen. noah was strapped in the car, none the wiser! :)

SUE said...

Love it, Abby. Welcome to Mommiehood!