Monday, June 15, 2009

Husband Appreciation Week, Riesen and Braces
I appreciate Andrew because he makes life more fun no matter what we are doing.
Now you might be thinking that this is a rather random title...and it does seem like that at first; but the truth is that they are all connected to my hubby!
I was thinking about Father's Day coming up this weekend, and what Sophia was going to give her Daddy. That got me thinking about the fact that Sophia really does not know how blessed she is to have Andrew as her Daddy. She doesn't yet understand the full amount of love, sacrifice, training, prayer and fun that Andrew puts into her life on a daily basis.
Anyway that made me start thinking how blessed I am to have Andrew as Sophia's daddy...i.e. MY HUSBAND!!! So I decided that the week leading up to Father's Day will now be HUSBAND APPRECIATION WEEK in the Bains household.
Now I am not exactly sure how this will go, since I just made it up yesterday afternoon...but so far it consists of his favorite meals for dinner (gumbo kicked it off last night, shrimp po-boys will be tonight). And little notes and special treats for him through-out the week.
This leads me to my next point in the title..Riesen...so last night I went out to the store and bought one of Andrew's favorite candy and a card. Then I put them in his car and he found them on his way to work. Not a huge deal, but hopefully he feels a little extra love coming his way!
Which leads me to my third point...I might not have picked the best week to do all these fun little treats since my handsome hubby will be getting BRACES tomorrow!!! That's right...full braces, top and bottom!! This is why I gave him the sticky, chewy candy today...tomorrow he can't have it. I personally think that Andrew with braces is going to be pretty dang hot!! I am going to pretend that we are high school sweethearts...(is that too much info?)
Anyway...I love you hubby and I hope you enjoy your week!!!
love and kisses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute abbazabba..i appreciate your husband because he makes you happy.....

Amanda Sattler said...

What's great, is you guys have a mutual admiration society thing going on. :) You are too cute!!

Amrena Skye said...

Must post pics of Andrew with braces - love it!